Drinking BPA-free bottled water is an excellent way of avoiding BPA exposure. Fortunately, there are quite a good number of bottled water brands in the market, providing safe and BPA-free drinking water for you and your family.
This article will explain what is BPA-free and show you why it’s important to drink BPA-free bottled water. We’ll also discuss these brands in detail. Keep reading for everything you need to know about the top brands of BPA-free bottled water!
What Does BPA-Free Mean?
A BPA-free product is one that doesn’t use an organic compound known as Bisphenol A (BPA) in its construction.
Bisphenol A is an industrial chemical used to make certain plastic and resins. This chemical is often found in plastics used for food and beverage storage (such as water bottles) and coating the inner sides of metal products like bottle tops.
Research shows that BPA can seep into drinking water or other foodstuffs from containers that are made of Bisphenol A. Exposure to this chemical is a concern due to a wide range of potential health effects of BPA to adults, infants, and children.
Due to the current research on BPA and increased consumer awareness, many products are now manufactured without Bisphenol A substance. Many bottled water manufacturers are now producing and selling BPA-free water for the safety of their consumers.
Now you know what BPA-free means. So, why is it so essential to drink BPA-free bottled water? Studies have found that consuming BPA-free bottled water is much better for your health and can prevent you from the following health complications:
- Male impotence
- Eroded teeth
- Heart disease (especially to females)
- Slowed learning to children
- Loss of memory
- Type 2 diabetes
- Breast cancer
With that in mind, let’s explore the top brands that produce BPA-free bottled water!
Top 13 Brands of BPA-Free Bottled Water
If you already like drinking bottled water, there are already some brands out there offering BPA-free bottled water.
Here is an overview of our top 13 brands:
Essentia Water is a BPA-free product consisting of 99.9% pure composition that meets FDA, IBWA, and EPA standards for purified drinking water. This brand adds a blend of ionized alkaline electrolytes to improve its taste.
This BPA-free bottled water is also free of contaminants, fluoride, metals, chlorine, microorganisms, and bacteria. Each bottle of Essentia has supercharged alkaline water with a pH of 9.5 or more carefully processed for perfect rehydration.
- It’s a BPA-free product.
- Incredible taste
- Consistent quality in every Essentia bottle
- No bitter taste of acidic ions
- Perfect for a wide range of uses from workouts, camping to lunch addition.
- The price is relatively high compared to the bottle size.
Dasani water is a brand of BPA-free bottled water created by the popular coca-cola company in 1999. This brand combines filtration with additional minerals to create a clean, fresh, and premium tasting pure water that meets the EPA, IBWA, and FDA standards. Dasani filters their water using the process of reverse osmosis.
The Dasani BPA-free bottled water doesn’t include any components sourced from genetically modified organisms (GMOs). Each bottle of Dasani water has a pH level of 5.6 and a negligible amount of non-carbonated sodium and other minerals for taste.
- BPA-free bottled water
- Has a pleasant mineral taste
- Perfect for faster thirst-quenching
- Reasonable pricing
- Some consumers comment about sour sensation and rough finish.
Fiji Natural Artesian water is another impressive BPA-free bottled water, which is also electrolyte-enhanced for taste improvement. This brand consists of pure ingredients that meet the FDA, EPA, and IBWA requirements for purified drinking water.
Fiji bottled water features a pleasant and soft taste because it is sourced from a natural artesian aquifer located in the Fiji Islands. Fiji water has a pH level of 7.7, which is carefully optimized for better rehydration.
- BPA-free plastic bottle
- Has electrolytes and natural minerals
- Fresh and pure with an impressive taste
- Come in various sizes.
- Has a beautiful packaging
- Slightly expensive than other brands
- The bottles may get swollen during the shipping process.
JUST Water is a BPA-free, 100% pure spring water packed in an eco-friendly plant-based bottle. JUST drinking water is made from pure, natural spring water sourced from the Glens Falls.
All their bottles are made of paper sourced from FSC-certified forests. Additionally, the used bottles are fully recycled to become paper towels, tissues, or building materials. This BPA-free bottled water has a fresh and pure taste, and it’s enhanced with electrolytes and other minerals. JUST water has a pH level of 8.0.
- Comes in plant-based BPA-free bottles
- Has no sugar or preservatives
- Fully recyclable boxed water
- Various size options
- The bottles are often packed in a carton and can quickly become dented during shipping.
Evian Natural Spring Water is a great BPA-free bottled water brand with naturally occurring electrolytes and balanced mineral composition. This product has a distinctive, soft, and unique taste compared with other BPA-free brands.
This bottled water brand is crafted by nature, meaning it’s pure drinking water with mineral content and a neutrally balanced pH level of 7.2. Evian natural spring water comes in various sizes to suit different occasions.
- Comes in BPA-free recyclable plastic bottles
- Impressive taste at both cold and room temperature
- Various sizes to suit different occasions.
- Neutrally balanced pH level
- This brand has a higher price.
Perrier Water is another BPA-free bottled water brand with carbonated mineral content. This product is designed to help you quench your thirst with refreshing and hydrating bubbles. The product has no sweeteners or calories, meaning you can enjoy the fantastic taste without worrying.
Apart from its original taste, the Perrier brand also offers other fascinating flavors, including orange, green apple, peach, lime, watermelon, strawberry, and pink grapefruit. This product has a pH level of 6.0.
- BPA-free bottles
- A wide range of flavor options
- Bursting with refreshing bubbles
- Has zero calories and sweeteners
- The water can easily become less carbonated during shipping.
The Core Hydration Nutrient Water is an ultra-purified and BPA-free bottled water brand. This product undergoes a 7-stage purification process that involves reverse osmosis, ozonation, micron and carbon filtration, and ultra-violet exposure.
The Core bottled water brand has the right amount of minerals and electrolytes, and it’s free of fluoride, chlorine, chromium 6, arsenic, and MTBE. This refreshing and naturally hydrating water features a purity level of 99.9% and a pH level of balanced 7.4.
- Comes with BPA-free bottles
- The bottles are designed with a wider mouth for easy drinking.
- Free from harmful contaminants like fluoride, chlorine, and others.
- Perfect amount of minerals and electrolytes
- The bottles are a little bit thin and can collapse when they’re half empty.
Propel water is a great unflavored and BPA-free bottled water brand with a clean, delicious, and refreshing taste. This product doesn’t have sugar. It features an impressive amount of electrolytes and minerals essential for your body.
The electrolytes in Propel bottled water are created to help the user put back what they lose through sweat, for instance, potassium and salt, without adding calories. The pH level of Propel water is below neutral at around 6.9.
- Has BPA-free bottles
- No sugar contents, flavoring, substitutes, or colors.
- Rich in Vitamins B, E and B6
- Ideal for fitness and gym enthusiasts.
- Some bottles are quite challenging to open.
The Penta Ultra-purified Water is a great BPA-free and proprietary filtered bottled water brand. With its formulation and composition, the Penta water can be absorbed quickly into the user’s body cells for perfect hydration.
Penta water undergoes a process of 13 steps and 11 hours to ensure it’s free from harmful chemicals like fluoride, chlorine, MTBE, lead, arsenic, BPS, and BPA. This product is also infused with oxygen to give it a clean, crisp, and refreshing taste. The Penta ultra-purified water has a natural pH level of about 7 to 8.
- Comes with BPA-free, 100% recyclable bottles
- Has a clean, crisp, and refreshing taste.
- It’s made with solar power.
- Their filtration process removes more impurities compared to other brands.
- The price is slightly higher than other brands.
The LIFEWTR Premium Purified Water is another great BPA-free bottled water brand with cool packaging and features a refreshing taste. This product is enhanced with a good amount of electrolytes and minerals to ensure you get an added taste along with optimal hydration.
LIFEWTR water has a balanced pH level of about 6.4 to 7.4. The amount of electrolytes in this bottled water is what brings its pH closer to neutral. The bottles come in various sizes to fit different needs.
- BPA-free bottles
- Budget-friendly price tag
- Enhanced with electrolytes to boost the taste.
- It has a catchy bottle design to inspire the user’s mind.
- A wide range of size options.
- The bottles can quickly become damaged during the shipping process.
11. Poland Spring
The Poland Spring Origin Water is a BPA-free bottled water brand featuring 100% spring water sourced from a source surrounded by pine trees in Maine’s woods. This product contains naturally occurring minerals and electrolytes that give it a crisp and refreshing taste.
The Poland BPA-free bottled water brand comes with plastic bottles, caps, and labels made of 100% recyclable material. The pH level of this product is 7.2, and the water is screened thoroughly to get rid of any impurities.
- Bottles are BPA-free and fully recyclable
- 100% natural spring water
- Rich in naturally occurring electrolytes
- Exceptional filtration process
- The brand has a higher price tag.
12. Nestle Pure
The Nestle Pure Life Water brand is BPA-free bottled water brand with no calories and sweeteners making it a great alternative to sugary drinks. This product is enhanced with a light blend of naturally occurring minerals and electrolytes to give it a consistent refreshing taste.
Nestle water comes with BPA-free and fully reusable plastic bottles. The pH level of Nestle pure life purified water ranges from 6.8 to 7.4.
- BPA-free and 100% reusable plastic bottles
- Consistently soft with a refreshing, crisp taste
- A perfect alternative to surgery drinks
- It is enhanced with a blend of naturally occurring minerals and electrolytes.
- The bottles are relatively thin.
Waiakea Hawaiian volcanic water is a BPA-free and an award-winning clean/crisp taste brand that quenches your thirst immediately. The Waiakea water goes through a unique filtration process, making it one of the world’s best natural alkaline waters.
This product is enhanced with natural minerals and electrolytes that make it naturally alkaline with a pH level of about 8.2. This product also comes in different sizes to suit various occasions, and the bottles are fully recyclable.
- 100% recyclable and BPA-free bottles
- Delicious taste with a crisp mouthfeel
- Enhanced with electrolytes and minerals
- A variety of sizes to suit different needs
- High price
Final Thoughts On The Top Brands Of Bottled Water That Are BPA Free
In this article, we have discussed the top bottled water brands that are BPA-free in great detail. We have also explained BPA-free and its importance.
When it comes to pure bottled water to drink, it can be hard to escape the exposure to Bisphenol A (BPA) chemical, which is harmful to your health. The good news is that there are a few bottled water brands producing BPA-free purified water with all the natural minerals essential to your health.
All the products we have discussed above meet the FDA, EPA, and IBWA standards for pure drinking water and are available on Amazon at the best prices. Be sure to use one of our recommended brands to enjoy quenching your thirst without the fear of potential BPA effects.